Wednesday, August 18, 2010

picture says it all

i've run out of reading materials and as i was buying time to wait for dawn to break in, i decided to clear up those photos that have been in the drawer, unorganized, muddled up.. those old photos of mine.

there were piles of them. the photos. photos from as old as ten to fifteen years ago. how time flies. looking at those old photos, i could hardly believe it was sooooo old.

it's true when they said pictures say a thousand words. there were photos when i got the shorthest hair in my life and looked so ugly in it, which i should throw them away, just realizedd that there were my late grandma on each photos. how i've missed her so much. she was one strong lady. she had a hard life. with a dozen kids to feed and raise, she went through the thick. she didn't married with that high rank officer, but to that smartly dressed under-rank armed-forces grandpa of mine (who i've missed also). and so, their life were not easy. my mum and aunts had countless sad difficult life threatening stories to tell us.. but then again, they always wish that their parents live long enough, just to let them see how great our life, the grandkids were.. we may not be super-duper rich, but we were doing ok.. better than those relatives who once looked down on them (my gramps and my aunts). i was told, my grandma used to even beg for rice to those rich relative of us.. apprently, nowadays, they not that rich as they thought they were. God is Great.

and then, there were photos when i was in uni. i've bumped into one of the person in one of my photos. that person did asked me if i were from umist, and i was stunned as i could hardly recalled him. and here i was, holding a photo of me, lin, meri and her ex and this guy, who still remain a mystery to me as i still couldn't remember his name. and photos of me, yan, lin,meri, climbing trees by the park. photos of me and ayu with our traditionals, preparing for the malaysian night show. of course, also, photos of my sis and me on her london trip - the first time i made the attempt to get in touch with my then boyfriend to be, later turn to be boyfriend who is my hubby now. the trip was brief, but i couldn't stop smiling thinking how i was head over feet remembering all the sweet gestures he did, like flipping my hair in front of the big ben, shyly helping me up on that lion in trafalgars for that nice shoot... agghhh...

as i kept going, there were photos of me in iraq, before the war.. that was year 2002 if i wasn't mistaken. another nice memories. it wasn't long when i was there.. i don't remember how long, a month or two. but it was something to talk about. the people, the culture, the buildings, the ambiences.. after five years in UK, being in iraq is really and eye-opener.. very different, but i still enjoyed it.

if i were to describe each and every photos in my collection, bet it's gonna be forever. deep inside, i felt like something is missing. i've spent lots of time with my families and friends. my memories with k intan and ija were photos loaded in the FB, our trip to bandung.. it was fun trip and we need to do it again. and now that FB has been blocked.. you tell me...

somehow, i missed that kodak 36 400 exposures.

No comments:

Post a Comment