Thursday, March 24, 2011

darn, i'm late

the spm result is out today (i wrote this first paragraph yesterday). not that i care so much. but as i was listening to the radio, one of the candidate called in and was worried sick.. and the deejays told her "it's not the end of the world"....

it is! it's not the end of the world. my sis is a living-proof. considering where she is now, i always think she did so much better compared to me, career-wise in particular. her spm result was not good. but it was an early wake-up call to her. she did so badly in her spm that she had to struggle to get into good college. she, somehow, managed to go to one of those 2nd graders college for a term, scored impressively and got to change her college to a better one on her second term. she determined not to repeat her mistake. she was in the dean's list for six semester and no parents could have been more proud that mine when she graduated with flying colours. she deemed to further her studies oversea, and sadly, even with excellent result from top ten university, she still didn't managed to secure any scholarship - they told her that her subject was not 'critical', but we knew she didn't get it because she's not 'somebody's daughter' (sue me for this, but i knew i was right!). anyway, she went thru well, and even secured a job with a Fortune500 company before she completed her degree.

of course, the sour-grape me was saying she was in the art-stream, i was in an engineering school. but, i know and everybody knew that was pure envious remark. she worked hard after the wake-up call.

as for me, i wish i could have a chance to be give the wake-up call earlier rather than wait for my degree result.. hmm..not that i'm not thankful on what i've got. should most students were so franctic on the result's day, i looked forward for the day. i knew, another day that will make my parent proud of having me as their daughter. it's been smooth sailing all the while, until my degree results. though i've pretty much has prepared myself for the worst on that very day, i knew there's no point crying over the spilt milk, though it has been spilt for the past three years! i've paid my price though. after eleven years working, i am now earning barely rm50 more than my younger sis who has just been working for five years, and next month, she surely will top me up with that handsome increment she'll be getting.. well, it's not all about money. it's something that i can measure directly. 

tu la orang cakap, rezeki orang.. 

again, i'm still thankful to what i have. i just wonder will things be different if i got the wake-up call at an earlier stage like my sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment