Monday, April 4, 2011

growing up

gosh, time flies! the first quarter of the year has gone, and what have i achieved?
hmm...
...
the boys are off from school today. aidan had a terrible athma attacked and as for aimar, here's the story:
as usual, i will leave early for work, and their dad (when he's around) will takes care of the boys. this morning, as i reached the office, i couldn't get through neither my hubby nor my mum. my mum returned my call an hour after that, telling me the boys were not going to school today. i understand about aidan's, but aimar? my mum told me "he said he has flu"...for crying out loud, this is an answer a 63yo lady got from a 3 1/2 year old boy...he even told his gramps, if he were to go to school, it won't do any good to him as the class was fully air-conditioned! my,o,my.

i called up aidan's teacher today. had a long chat as we're a bit concerned on his reading. somehow, his teacher told me a contradictive feedback. yes, aidan is quite slow in picking up his readings, but he is still doing fine. he is one of the smart ones in the school. ok, every parents knew their kids are special in someways.. but also, realistically, i knew aidan is just an o-kay student.. but, listening to her teacher, i might be putting a high threshold for him.. his o-kay to me is among the best in his class.. his teacher told me, aidan is very selective.. he can switch on his trigger happy button whenever wherever, and i must agree with her. 

kids nowadays, their minds work wonder. my earliest memory of missing school was when i was thirteen, and though i was sick on that day, i was still scared to confront my dad when he reached home. and now, here i am, dealing with these kind of stories and my boys have not even reached ten yet! i wonder what makes them so 'special' and 'different' as compared to me growing up. i wonder if my parents thought i was way advance from them when i was a kid.

somehow, we have to accept the fact, it's a different generation. we will be there to nurture and guide, but the kids will lead their life. it's the metamorphosis of life!

as a mum, i pray hard enough for their happiness in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment