Monday, May 30, 2011

serves me right!

i've always wanted to be part of them. it took me ten years, but, the spot was mine, finally. i guess, "always wanted" is just not enough. it has been a decade, hence, i forgot why i've always wanted to be part of them. 

and after less than a year, i'm still couldn't find an answer what i've always wanted what i've wanted all this while. 

attending meeting, the most crucial question would be "what's for break?"
going to a conference, be it a paid or free, all they would want to know is what's in the door gift goody bag?
a collegue just asked me "do we get extra discount going to aquaria?"..me, blindly answered "yup, just show them your MyKad, all malaysian will be charge at a special rate".. and that collegue of mine continued "nope, i mean, additional previlige because we are working here...".... and the company i'm working with has got nothing to do with aquaria, but only a walking distance away (even, my previous company is nearer to aquaria, if to compare).. and i was left speechless.

the list is more than i could think of. the first few month, i thought i just need time to adapt. but i guess, for now, i've decided. i won't be able to adapt. and i won't bother to adapt.

of course, there'll be no self satisfaction. but i guess, as long as they pay me well, and i don't have to burden myself with tonnes of workload.. i'll just go with the flows.. of course i won't expect the previliges like those snobs always expect.. i know i don't have to. and not that i'm not thankful.

i guess that's why it took me ten years to come here.. to taste of my own medicine. i just need to get away..

No comments:

Post a Comment