Tuesday, December 17, 2013

the diagnosed

the appointment was scheduled for 1145, but i made my hubby to reach pcmc around 1115. not that i was too eager, but it was my hubby's first visit to the known hospital and so we were excited.
...
we only were called to the doc clinic around 1230. we were bored by then.
dr yeo, smiling and shaking our hands firmly. i couldn't remember what happened next. he poked my nose with that small camera of his to confirm on things and he told us it was cancer. and he poked my  nose again and tjis time he took some sample of the cell.
how did i react?
i frankly din remember.
it was smooth,the way he delivered the news. and next we were set to the next clinic to meet the oncologist.
...
me, with my heels, holding my hubby's firm hand.
never could i imagined we were seeing the oncology. my hubby never knew that oncologist study cancers.
my hubby was fast with his fingers googling things about NPC / Nasalpharangeal Cancer. he even can relates to which stage i was when he googled. he is sooo my oncologist.
...
and we met dr muhammad azrif, the oncologist.
as much as i was hoping dr yeo mistakenly read the test analysis, dr azrif slapped us with reality. he was so calm when he told us it was npc, or we might called it behind-the-nose cancer.
who would have thought.
that 19th nov 2013, we were told of such news.
...
we were scheduled for petscan and mri to confirm should the cancer cell has spread elsewhere.
then, i was asked to do my dental check. should there be any bad teeth or potentially bad teeth, it should be removed. i was told, if i were to undergo the radiotheraphy, dental issue will be a hazard should there be any.

i went to the dentist. i found out that both my gigi taring are still gigi susu;)
i have to remove one good molar of mine on the upper right side. i did removed the lower right side before, hence the dentist advised to remove the upper one.

the petscan was a very interesting experience. when they introduced the radioactive fluid, i was not supposed to move around to reduce any active movement in my body. went thru the petscan for 40mins.

next, the mri, it was noisy, very. took me half hour.

and when all done, and confirmed.

the cell has spread only to the neck lymph nodes. no other else.
npc stage 3.
alhamdullillah.
...
dr azrif npc is common and curable.
i just have to have the courage to go through the program.

he wanted to start chemo right away, but i requested for a week extension so that i can celebrate aidan's futsal bday party on the 1st Dec.

No comments:

Post a Comment