Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Book review: It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be

This book has a long title. But it's very catchy and simple and yet it tells the truth and not just merely words of unpractical motivational encouragement.

Written by Paul Arden and published by Phaidon Press Ltd, the book is meant for the business world.

However I found that most of the metaphors are so related in raising a child who will know how to survive in the harsh world. It gives me idea on what I want my kids to learn on life-skill and be a street-smart cause that is the difficult part in raising kids rather than being book-smart. I always believe it's important to have both street-smart and book-smart skills in order to survive and that is what I want my children to have.

One of many ideas written is "When it can't be done, do it. If you don't do it, it doesn't exist"... I'm so in love with this idea. And he even teaches us how to solve problems..."if you can't solve a problem, it's because you're playing by the rules..".

It's easy-reading and straight-forward.
Grab one.

No comments:

Post a Comment