Tuesday, October 27, 2015

current position: not working

i have been a not working person for nearly a year.

trust me, if my hubby reads the intro duction, he will goes berserk immediately..'why must you said you are not working? you are doing what you are supposed to be doing! just sit there and be pretty!!'

sabar abang. let me explain.

here's the deal..

i was sceptical of well-educated ladies who has brain and beauty and being 100% depending on their husband. 
oooo how wrong have i been!

i was sceptical of staying at home and not working as i believe it would be a waste if i don't challenge my brain by solving work issues in the office.
oooo how wrong have i been!

i was sceptical of my boys telling me his friends' mom has the coolest job being the head of that reputable company while we are still wondering what our mom does.
oooo how wrong have i been!

i was sceptical of no fixed income in my bank account deposited on specific dates every month for me to spend on that handbangs i've been eyeing on.
oooo how wrong have i been!

i was sceptical about lots of thing regards  to staying at home mom, and i must really thank my dear husband for giving me a slap on my head and ask me to stop being dumb and wake up! thank you for making me realize that i was wrong.

i don't look down on working mom neither the stay at home ones.

i was sceptical but i'm glad i was wrong.

abg, i will still say that i am not working and don't be angry if i prompted that again and again.
if i want an extra sleep, i can just sleep in the co-driver seat and you drove throughout the traffics or i can just openly asked you to drop the boys while i take my extra nap in the morning. my choice.
if i want to cook, i can just prepare the food and anything will go. the bread with sambal, the french toast and the INSTANT coffee still got the thumbs up from you. how lovely! and i suck in cooking but surely good in choosing great restaurants. my choice.


if i want to do the house chores, i could just do at my leisure or i supervise the cleaners who come and visit the house weekly (to some extent, you even can't wait for their visit and you clean it yourself without asking me). my choice.
if i want to have time with my girlfriends, i could just see them whenever. or i could just text you and ask 'lunch jom'. you seldom have lunch with your colleagues. your answer to them 'lunch ngan wife'. your choice (and you make that as an option).

you see, i don't call myself a stay-at-home mom because i don't do houseworks, i don't cook constantly, i don't bake and i don't decorate the house. yes, i iron just like other working moms, i reviews my kids schoolworks, i drive here and there, i spend time with my friends and that is not working. 

me being sceptical of not working for i worried that my brain will stay idle and not being 'challenged'.... try being stuck in a traffic jam with two curious boys who will ask you about nothing to everything like 'why girls like to talk?' to 'why najib listen to rosmah?' kind of questions. gosh, what a brain teaser to find honest perfect answers to those kind of questions!

me being sceptical of my kids asking me 'mama, mama tak keje kan?'. my husband wil just ask them 'sapa nak antar amik aidan aimar and go everywhere you need to go if mama keje? ni mama keje la ni'. and my husband will never stop telling them 'mama belajar oversea lima tahun, keje jadi engineer, jadi senior exec kat petronas. mama tak keje opis, bukan sebab mama tak bijak.' need i say more?

me being sceptical of no fixed incomes....  try handing over the husband's debit card to the cashier in the middle of the month and never fails. we were blessed with enough nikmat, and i am blessed with a husband who knows his responsibility. alhamdullillah. rezeki hak allah, dan allah tak pernah aniaya hambanya. 

me being sceptical of depending 100% on my husband....my husband told me, he own a beautiful wife with intelligent brain, all he wants me to do is 'sit there and be pretty' only for him and take good care of his anak3, which are obviously mine too! if i may just explain my personal point of views, we women were so proud of being independent and 'succesful' in the corporate world. i respect such ladies and not undermining any of them. i have so many great lady friends who are succesful in the corporate world. but to me, i trust him for i trust allah 100%. i depend on him for i believe allah guaranteed the best plan for my life being his wife. my hysband, he knew well he is answerable to Yang Maha Esa. so, why am i doubting? 

imagine these
- a telebanker offering instant cash loan, and you tell them 'but i don't work and no income!'
- a credit card officer persuading you to apply and you answer 'but i'm not working and no payslip. how?'
- your son telling you 'will you come to the school tomorrow?' and no hesitation you just answer 'ok, what should i bring?'
- you just realized you had too much sleep and the idea of movie sounds great and you are queuing for the 11am show.

nope, am not a SAHM neither working. 
i just don't work and nothing wrong with that. in fact, it's feels great..








No comments:

Post a Comment